Mechanical seals are often used in pumps handling hazardous as well as non- hazardous liquids that must be contained within the unit.
* The single seal arrangement is most widely used in process industry.
* Single seal design consists of a rotary face in contact with a stationary face.
* For most services, a carbon face mating against tungsten carbide is satisfactory
* Seals offer the advantages of long life, low maintenance and high reliability.
* In general, seals handling light specific gravity liquids at low temperature and high vapor pressure give most problems in the field.
* Materials for cold service seals must be suitable for temperatures of start-up, cool down and running ; the atmospheric side must be held above 160C (320F) to prevent ice formation; and there must be enough liquid at the seal surfaces
* Successful operation of any seal depends largely on correctly specifying liquid conditions of vapor pressure, temperature specific gravity, etc.
* API Standard 682 is an excellent resource for overall mechanical seal application guidelines.
* The pressure in the seal chamber (stuffing box) must be at least 25psig above the pump suction pressure.
Shaanxi DaoLin Mechanical & Electrical Co.,Ltd
Room1107, Building B, Sail Times Plaza, Hou Wei Zhai, Wei Yang
District, 710085, Xi’an City, Shaanxi Province, China
Tel.:+86(029)84523807-802 Fax: +86(029)84523807-808